Laplace Personal Injury Lawyer
Have you been injured in Laplace because someone else was careless? Reach out to a personal injury attorney in town for the legal assistance you need.
If you recently sustained grave injuries in an auto collision, slip-and-fall, dog bite incident, or other serious accident, establishing your claim and getting the settlement you deserve for your pain and suffering won’t come without a fight.
Unfortunately, insurance companies rarely accept liability right off the bat. They often resort to a settlement offer far below what your case is actually worth. A Laplace personal injury lawyer from The Law Office of Braud & Gallagher will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf and work toward securing you a settlement commensurate with the damages you sustained.
Before You Choose a Laplace Personal Injury Attorney
Louisiana is a comparative fault state, meaning that your damages are diminished based on the percentage of fault you bear in the accident. For example, if you are awarded $20,000 in damages but the court decides you were 10 percent at fault for the accident, the final amount you receive will be reduced to just $18,000.
Some insurance companies frequently exploit this rule to pay out less to the injured party when settling the claim. Your personal injury lawyer in Laplace will do the work of constructing a powerful case for you to ensure you receive an equitable settlement with a minimum of fault assigned.
Determining Causation in Your Injury Case
The first step your Laplace injury lawyer will take to pursue your claim is determine causation, or who was at fault for the accident. Here are a few examples:
- Motor Vehicle Collisions – Whether your accident involves a car collision, truck wreck, or motorcycle accident, the other driver, a passenger, a vehicle manufacturer, and/or transportation authorities that neglected the road could be held liable.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents – When a business or homeowner allows potential property hazards to remain unattended to, they bear fault for any injuries you sustain as a result of their negligence.
- Dog Bite Injuries – If a dog owner knows their animal’s behavior might result in injury, could have prevented it, and didn’t, you are entitled to compensation for injuries sustained in unprovoked bite incidents in Laplace.
- Workplace Injuries – If you were hurt while performing your job duties or while otherwise at work, you may be eligible to be awarded damages for any resulting injuries you sustained.
- Defective Products – If you were injured by a faulty medication or malfunctioning product, you could be eligible for compensation while also protecting fellow consumers from the same misfortune.
Your Personal Injury Claim and Monetary Damages
After assessing fault, your Laplace accident lawyer will determine the monetary value of your case. Catastrophic injuries such as fractures or broken bones and brain, spine, and neck injuries are all eligible to be awarded monetary damages, as are many other common injuries.
Contact a Laplace Personal Injury Attorney
The Laplace attorneys at The Law Office of Braud & Gallagher combine decades of experience in personal injury law, protecting your rights to secure you the settlement you deserve for your injuries. You never want to accept an offer that is less than your actual case is worth and end up footing the bill for additional treatment and other injury-related expenses.
Schedule your consultation with a Laplace personal injury lawyer today. No hidden fees. No obligations. Request your free case review now by calling 1-800-256-5674 or filling out the contact form on this page.