New Orleans Product Liability Lawyer
If you’ve been injured by a defective product and need compensation for your damages, a New Orleans product liability attorney can get you the results you need.
Whether you were burned by a poorly designed stockpot at your last shrimp boil or battered by a an airbag that improperly deployed while you were cruising down Canal Boulevard, you don’t have to simply accept your injuries and move on.
That’s because Louisiana law provides a way for those who have been injured by defective products to recover compensation. How? By filing a defective product lawsuit.
That’s easier said than done, however. Manufacturers and others in the chain of production are large companies with vast resources, and those resources often include legal teams that are trained to combat these kinds of lawsuits.
You need and deserve compensation for what happened to you, but you don’t want to go into this fight without an ally. You’ll find the legal ally you need by calling a New Orleans product liability lawyer at the Law Office of Braud & Gallagher.
How Negligent Manufacturers Harm Consumers
Manufacturers, designers, and other entities involved in the production of the items we use in our daily lives are held to strict standards. Even products imported from other countries must meet certain requirements to make it to store shelves in New Orleans or anywhere else in the United States.
However, despite all of these safeguards, some manufacturers are careless or intentionally cut corners to get dangerous products in the hands of consumers. For them, it’s all about the money. For those injured by their actions, it’s a life-changing event that leaves them in dire financial straits.
Negligence at any of the following stages of production can cause consumers to be injured:
- Design – Some products are dangerous from the very beginning. Poor design that causes injuries warrants an injury claim against the responsible party.
- Manufacturing – Maybe the design for the product that hurt you was fine, but the manufacturer didn’t make a product that conformed to that design. If the result was an injury for you, you deserve compensation.
- Marketing – The marketing stage is when companies are obligated to notify consumers of any potential dangers associated with their products. If they fail to do that, you and your product liability attorney in New Orleans can hold them accountable.
- Retail Sale – Perhaps the problem wasn’t the product itself but the way the retailer handled it when it arrived at the store where you purchased it. Retailers who modify or damage products that then injure people because of those actions should be held financially accountable.
Types of Defective Products
Look at your surroundings for thirty seconds and you’ll see almost too many products to count. From the pen on your desk to the roof on your house, you’re surrounded by products.
Unfortunately, almost any of those products could cause an injury or even a death if it’s defective. Here are just a few of the types of products that injure consumers:
- Defective auto parts, including airbags and seat belts
- Faulty household appliances, such as toasters, washing machines, and bathtubs
- Malfunctioning electronics like computers, cell phones, and televisions
- Toys and care items for children
- Medical devices
- Tainted or improperly packaged foods
- Toxic substances in building materials, such as asbestos
No matter what type of product injured you, a New Orleans defective product lawyer can help you recover the compensation you deserve for your damages.
Compensation for Defective Product Injuries
If you team up with a New Orleans product liability lawyer at our firm, we’ll immediately begin gathering evidence that will prove your side of the story and your need for fair compensation. That evidence might include records and documents from a manufacturer, your medical records, or anything else that could demonstrate what happened to you and why.
We’ll also handle all negotiations, legal concerns, and paperwork and keep you informed at every turn. The end goal? To make sure you’re fully compensated for every way a defective product has harmed you.
If your claim is successful, you could recover compensation for the following damages, among others:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
Contact a New Orleans Product Liability Attorney
It may seem like you’re out of options after you’ve been sidelined by a dangerous product, but if you haven’t yet contacted a New Orleans product liability lawyer, there’s still an option you haven’t explored. To schedule a free consultation with the attorneys at the Law Office of Braud & Gallagher, call 1-800-256-5674 or fill out the online contact form at the bottom of this page.